how to find your style and tips to make outfits! || SC
Today we discuss style and outfits.
I know this video is quite long but I wanted to try a different format but in case you can’t be bothered or can’t watch all of it for whatever reason, here are the points mentioned (the Idea Drop-down I had on my phone).
Idea drop down
– There’s different styles
– Your style can fluctuate depending on mood, people you surround yourself with (socials included), age etc.
– The best way to find your style is to try them all
– You don’t necessarily have to settle on one! Because style can change from day to day you might want to wear something girly today, boyish tomorrow and next week you might want to be classy even though this week you felt like wearing a cool set of joggers and sweatshirt.
– Don’t settle on current trends just to be in! Bring the olds back or add your own touch to an outfit
– Wear whatever you feel like wearing! Don’t worry about being criticised ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE IN WHATEVER YOU ARE WEARING AS IT WILL AFFECT HOW YOU STAND AND ARE PERCEIVED!! DO NOT GIVE IN IN STANDARDS
– SIZES! DON’T BE DISCOURAGED BY SIZING. Sizing varies from shop to shop (compare Primark XS, H&M’s tight 8 and Bershka’s M)
How to actually make an outfit?
– [ ] Method #1: Pinterest method : I used to recreate pictures I liked and so, based my wardrobe on those items”
– [ ] Method #2: Choose the main piece/s (these could be a pair of shoes, pair of jeans etc). Once you decide the one thing you really wanna wear, try and think if you can see more of a sporty/ boyish outfit or ‘elegant’/girly/classy – this is really important as there isn’t usually a way in between.
– [ ] Method #3: Colour palette/monochrome. Some days we just want to wear an all-black outfit or really feel like wearing a certain colour scheme. Once you decide which colour/a you’ll go for, either go for that/those or mix with neutral colours like white. (Pastel green+white)
– [ ] Method #4: Weather
– [ ] Method #5: Music – even though it sounds absolutely crazy, music can stimulate different moods and so, different styles.
– [ ] Method #6: Trial and error! “You thought of this outfit and are certain it will look amazing but when you get home and actually put it together, it’s hideous” – It’s all about learning the way your clothes fit and so, pair them accordingly (tight short top with low-waisted flared jeans will bring attention to the waist, tight long top and high waisted skinny jeans give this “scuba suit” look)
General tips when making an outfit:
Don’t leave it plain! – layer up. This will help you not only give dimension to your outfit and allow you to add more colours and/or texture but you’ll be able to dress/undress if it gets colder or warmer throughout the day.
ACCESSORIES! – invest on jewellery, sunglasses, bags, shoes (not an accessory but still). Accessories can really help put an outfit together so make sure you have plenty to choose from!
Music by Gil Wanders – Still Morning –
Xem thêm các bài viết về Styles: https://aloteen.vn/styles/